Monday, July 6, 2009

Bless the Lord- With All My Soul I Cry Out

I can’t stop smiling. Yesterday was just…epic. There never has been, and never will be a Sunday like it ever again. As I mentioned in my previous post, yesterday was the release date of Elevation’s new worship CD “God With Us”. Being a volunteer, I’ve had the CD for two weeks now. And can I just say, after listening, and loving it, I’ve just gotta brag on our amazing worship leaders for a minute. This CD is the best one yet!!! All of the music on it is original, and 100% God motivated. Each song is a unique worship experience that makes it impossible to pick out a “favorite song”. Some of the stories of the songs were explained yesterday during service, and that just adds to the awesome-ness of it as well. I am so inspired by the amazing talent God has blessed Mack, Chris, and Wade with over the past year, and am so excited to see how the CD touches lives. So anyhow, yesterday was the public release of the CD. And of course, Elevation decided to do it up right this Independence Day weekend- we’re talking CD’s, free hotdogs, cotton candy, snow cones, lemonade, popcorn, peanuts, and celebration. It was a party that no one wanted to miss! And what made it even better, was that all of the proceeds of the CDs sold were going to the Children’s Place (a charity downtown…look it up!)…as part of the service yesterday, many teenage volunteers were asked to “storm the stage” and worship with the leaders during their set. Everyone hoped that by having many of us onstage, those at church would feel free to worship right along with us, and not feel awkward or whatever. I signed up to help for this several weeks ago when I first found out about it. And as it turned out, I was assigned to “storm the stage” at Butler, as well as be the “leader” of the group there. Since I go to Providence, I was worried that I wouldn’t know anyone, and it would be weird me leading and all. I was right- I didn’t know a soul in the group. But that changed automatically. That group at Butler has got it goin’ on! They were all so friendly, and helpful, and needed no leading whatsoever. I got a ton of new friendships out of it. And as far as the storming the stage part? Yeah. amazing. I have never sung so loud in my life. It was pretty much surreal. When I got off the stage every time I had to remind myself of what had just happened. You would think that being up there, you would be really aware of people watching you or whatever. But in reality, I’ve never been so unaware in my life. I was in my own little world with my audience of one... I worked at both services in the morning, and was also blessed to be a part of the volunteer event as well. And that was fantastic. Never in my life have I felt God so alive in a place. I think that what was experienced yesterday was a taste of what heavenly celebrations will be like, or at least, that’s what I hope. Clearly, I could go on, and on, and on about it… if you didn’t get to experience it, drop by to Elevation this week. We’re starting a new series, so you won’t be out of the loop. And you can pick up a CD! After all, its for a good cause. Can’t wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment