Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless America, BBQ, and 7 Hour Work Days

It hurts to even type this. I have been standing on my feet since 9:45 this morning. I can honestly say, I haven’t worked that hard in a LOOOONNNG time. The pool was the usual insanity this 4th of July. And I had to work all day, since so many staffers are out of town having a blast, unlike us stuck here this week. So, it was just me and my buddy Jane- Cleaning tables, selling, taking out way to much trash, cooking, running to help find band-aids, busting kids for stealing (oh yes. STEALING), take phone calls…just a taste of my 4th of July this year. Its gonna go down in the books. There were only three things that got me through. 1- Being a staff member working on a holiday, I got free lunch. It was catered, and delicious! BBQ, hot dogs, chicken, slaw, potatoes, brownies, chips, pickles, tea- all you could eat for free! That was a good perk. 2- As is annual tradition, the snack bar staff/lifeguards got to judge the belly flop contest. And maybe it’s just because of the long day, but I especially enjoyed watching people inflict pain on themselves by flopping off the high dive. Mean? Maybe. But VERY entertaining. 3- All day I was so excited about church tomorrow. Like, you have no idea. I’m counting down the hours. Because tomorrow is the huge new CD release at Elevation. And if that isn’t enough, I’m also getting to be a part of the Services at butler…but wait! That’s not all! Tomorrow night, there’s a volunteer event as well…so yeah. That’s what got me through the day today…Can’t wait to share about what happens tomorrow at church. But right now, I’m really quite beat…I need a massage, or a hug. Or maybe both…

No comments:

Post a Comment