Monday, June 29, 2009

A Little Prayer and Laughter

I’m back! Back from the lovely yet unpredictable mountains. Good to be home...So, earlier this afternoon me and God were having a little heart to heart to heart, and I just thought I’d share a tad of what went down. This may be hard to believe, being as the fact that I’m such a naturally happy and positive person and all, but I have been having some crazy stressful/unhappy/frustrating situations thrown my way over the past few months. Life’s junk, and all that. So, like many days lately, I found myself deep in prayer. But today, I started telling God what all I “need” in my life. Some of you reading this are probably thinking something like “Silly Claire! God is ALL you need.” And ok, I know that’s true in essence, but I’m only human…Anyway, there I was bearing my soul to Jesus. And then it hit me like a rock. I could almost hear God laughing at me (good naturedly of course). Because the thing is, what I think I “need” for my life has nothing to do with what God knows I truly need. What I was really doing was “wanting”-wanting a quick fix, a perfect solution, a heal-all band aid to all the issues at once. And the fact is, a solution like that would be great, but would it really benefit me as a person? Maybe for a while, but it certainly wouldn’t help me grow as a person, in my faith, or prepare me for the future. So, I quickly apologized for my needy pity party, and instead asked for guidance through the situations, and that doors would open to start the process of putting my life in the right place. And I would love to tell you that after I was reminded of this lesson, that magical “mega solution” to all of my issues that I was hoping for appeared. But nope… And that’s ok with me. Because even though I’m still quite frustrated, I know that God DID hear me. He was laughing wasn’t he? :) And that means that sooner or later something’s gonna give. So for now, even though its not easy in the least bit, I’m going to be still, and find peace in knowing that HE IS GOD, so whatever he has planned has got to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment