Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Little Joke For The Day

The SAT and ACT are the most pointless tests I have ever come in contact with. We had to take a combo test today in jr. seminar to see which of the two we’re better at taking. And four hours of scantronny goodness later, I am left feeling incredibly stupid. It wasn’t that it was hard (the math was a tad bit hard, but whatever) …just that is was all such fruitless information. It amazes me that college boards make a decision as to whether or not you are accepted to their university based off of it. I know it measures your potential, or whatever, but I don’t see how your knowledge of being able to comprehend the trends of the Japanese kuzco plant, or the history of the democracies of minor countries is really going to matter in the long run. In my opinion, what matters is who you are as a person, and a college can’t gain that knowledge by a score….the only thing you really gain by taking it is a couple of numbers and bragging rights to all your nerdy friends. Now, I say all this, but I know that come this fall when I take these tests for real, I will be stressing and stewing and sweating it out along with the rest of the upper classmen. But for today, I’m laughing at the headaches it causes. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment