Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Almost Paradise"

Being kidnapped is amazing. Currently, I am looking out over a backyard that is bursting with color, and it is only 80 degrees. The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing. It truly is beautiful- like something you would see in a movie. Words can’t even capture it… Yesterday, I decided on a whim to go up to the mountains with my grandmother, Mudde. And thus far, it has been a relaxing blast. I have wanted to come up here for a really long time (since April, to be exact) , but I just haven’t gotten the chance. So, when my grandma stopped by on her way up to her house in Black Mountain, how could I refuse the offer to hitch a ride? So, its just me and her, eating, shopping, reading, watching some good TV, sleeping, and talking ALOT. And after being here for one day, I am reassured that the saying “life’s better in the mountains” is 100% true. Its cooler than the boiling summer days in the city, its gorgeous, and its an all around slower pace. Its not boring either, as some would suspect. Its just plain tranquil. Also, with all of the pretty views of mountain peaks around, God’s creation is so naturally glorified. And up here, I really do feel a little bit closer to heaven…cheesy? Maybe. But still….I need to get up here a lot more. Its good for me I think, just to “sloooowww down”, even if its just for a day or two. Anyway, as you can CLEARLY see, I am loving a summer day up here. Thank goodness for grandmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment