Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tick, Tock, Tick,Tock

I have neglected this blog for a few days- my apologies. I have been busy, working, and thinking a lot more than usual. One of the random (but interesting) things I’ve been thinking about a lot is the idea of time. In my opinion, time is the most powerful variable in a human life. It marches onward, no matter what. There is no going back in time, nor is there speeding time forward. It is always changing, and yet its measurements never get larger. A second is always a second. I guess you could say it’s a changing constant. It leaves its mark with the turning of calendar pages or wrinkles on faces. And it is in the way that we chose to use it that time gains its power. Because, as I have noticed, it is time itself, that causes most human’s to become preoccupied. People get frustrated, because they wasted their time on something or someone for far to long. Or, people are regretful because they didn’t put enough time aside for something that really is important. Often there “isn’t enough time” in the day to get things done. “it just wasn’t the right time” is a phrase that feasts on the ideas of what might have been and can cause a person to go mad. As I live my life, the deep value of time becomes more apparent, as well as the stress that time itself can cause. And the more I look at it, the more I realize that just living in the moment can relieve a bit of that stress. And the idea of perfect timing? Yeah, its MUCH more possible if your not to busy dwelling on all the wasted time in your past or all you have to do in the future. And one last thing that everyone has to come to grips with- no matter how much you want it to, time stops for no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment