Thursday, June 11, 2009

Story Time

Ok.I wasn’t planning on writing today,but I had a total God moment I wanted to share.In Jr.Seminar yesterday,we were assigned an overnight group project concerning a college ministry. My group chose to do Campus Crusade. We were talking about it at the dinner table. My sister and I knew that our dad had been involved with the ministry when he was in college, so we started asking him about it. And this is what we found out- Once upon a time, when he was in college; his French teacher shared her testimony and then invited her students to come to a Campus Crusade event. My dad went, and was also paired up with a mentor. It was through this mentor that he was put with, as well as Campus Crusade, that my dad came to know Christ. He was greatly involved with the ministry for the rest of his college years, and he and his mentor are still friends today. And that got me and Polly thinking- My mom and dad met at church after college…So, if it weren’t for Campus Crusade, they might not have met, because he might not have been saved….then we would never have been born! Crazy to think about how so many lives could have been affected… But anyway, I thought it was super cool that we had such a significant connection to the ministry that we chosen to work on without even really knowing it! Talk about God’s plan… It was a total blessing moment! So, we were able to share that story with the class today when we presented. It really brought the ministry to life in my eyes (and hopefully the rest of the class as well), what with the connection to our dad and all. Anyway, it was a gift…Oh and sorry all my posts are so long… Enjoy this sunny Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. my day was not wished well by anyone today. i am sad. don't let it happen again.

    ReplyDelete