Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Accent of Truth

I am absolutely infatuated with accents. From Scottish, to Irish; British, to slightly Southern (key-word on that particular one- SLIGHTLY), accents make listening to people talk almost a hobby. But the accent that I love to listen to the most is Australian. I don’t know why, but its just one of those things that makes my ears go crazy. I was thinking about it today, as I watched this movie that was set in London (the accent-age in it was just beautiful!). Maybe my love of accents has something to do with my love of music. Accents have a rhythm, and pitches, and a cadence…a lot like songs do. And speaking of songs- you know what’s better than listening to a person with an accent talk? Listening to a person with an accent SING!!! It’s just so great, I can’t even explain! But anyway, I have a feeling that one day I’ll end up living in Australia or London because of all the beautiful accents, and all the beautiful guys with those accents! Because, lets face it- a guy with an accent always seems to be more attractive. Or at least, that’s my dorky, and totally random opinion about the matter….In other news- I went to the Chili’s in the Arboretum for my friend Katy’s birthday. And it was quite the ordeal because the waitress forgot to bring our appetizer and also forgot to bring out Mark’s food. So we ended up waiting for about 45 minutes, and Mark didn’t get his food until the entire group was leaving. Not necessarily the way it was planned to go…but all was redeemed when we went to Harris Teeter for dessert, and found a gelato bar (yes GELATO!) for dessert. It. Was. Scrumptious. Next time you’re in there, you should get some….and finally- the other day, one of my friends was nice enough to devote a blog post to my twin sister Polly and me. Here’s the link to it- http://maddisonw.blogspot.com/2009/06/twins.html. Its accurate (almost embarassingly so). So drop on by her blog and read it!Have an astonishing Wednsday!

No comments:

Post a Comment