Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Talent, Strength, and Top 5

So, due to my super crazy schedule for next year at school, I have to take a class over the summer called Jr. Seminar. I wouldn’t bother taking it if it weren’t for the fact that it is required to graduate. It’s just a college prep class that also covers worldviews and Christian based advice about the college life. I just completed day two of the two week course. And thus far there hasn’t been much to report….except the STRENGTHS FINDER 2.0!!! What is this craziness?:)Well, it’s this overpriced little book/personality test that we had to take before we started the class. The premise is this idea of “strengths psychology”. The point its trying to make is- “You cannot be anything you want to be, but you can be a lot more of who you already are” by using your natural personality strengths. The book was a tad weird, but it did make some good points. Anyway, after the introduction, you are supposed to go online and take a test with your little code in the little envelope in the back of the book, and it tells you your top five natural talents. And with the results, you are supposed to read their analysis and then apply what you have learned to your life to turn those talents into strengths! Here are my top 5- Ideation, Communication, Futuristic, Empathy, and Input. After reading the analysis, I can pretty much see where they all fit in my personality…Futuristic was a bit of a puzzle, but oh well. What I thought was rather amusing about the entire thing was that when we got to class the first day, everyone was asking each other “What are your top 5?” and evaluating their results. I felt like I was watching those cell phone commercials- “Who’s in your 5?”, you know? But anyway, it was really funny because you sit there and watch- the people with “competition” were running around comparing their results with others, the people that got “woo” were saying “Let me woo you!”, and then there were the “positively” people letting everyone know that their results were just great! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed observing this. So, reliable or not, this test was definitely a conversation starter, that’s for sure… It’s simply a beautiful Tuesday! I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment