Friday, June 26, 2009

Paradise? Maybe Not...

Whew. Talk about a weird morning…Day 2 of mountain excursion thus far: I woke up at 2:30 am, and I was blind. It was as black as tar, and I couldn’t see the digital clock. I freaked out, sitting bolt upright in bed, trying not to yell. Only then did I realize that the power had gone out. Yeah, I’m stupid, I know. But let me just say- Power outages in Charlotte have NOTHING on the ones in the mountains. I mean, there is dark, and then there is DARK….anyways, I stumbled around my room and finally found my phone, and had a tiny bit of light as well as a working clock. The power came back on about two hours later…So then there’s this morning. I get up, and go down stairs, where my grandma just points for me to go onto the deck of the house. There, laying right by the sliding glass door, is a gigantic dead possum. Talk about randomly gross. Needless to say, I was not prepared to see that, and flipped out a little. We are currently waiting for the city to come pick up the critter….So, that’s my morning at a glance. It kind of puts my blogpost from yesterday into perspective a tad. But ah well. I’m still loving it up here. Dead possum and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment