Thursday, January 14, 2010

30 Days of Lessons

Well, my friends, the challenge is in full swing! You know what I'm talking about- NEW THROUGH 30! This initiative started by my church, is calling us all (literally no one is excluded) to read through the entire New Testament in 30 days. Talk about hard-core! We're talking around 10 chapters every day (30-45 minutes of reading at least). But of course my fantastic small group is walking through it together...and that just makes it all the more fun! Having just completed my assignment for day 4 of the challenge, I felt inclined to tell you all a bit of what I have learned thus far. So here we go!
  • Having gotten through Matthew and Acts, I must say- the Bible has some weird stuff going on you may have missed! Intestines spewing, being eaten by worms, an angel reclining on top of a tomb...yeah. Totally stuff worth noting. Just makes the Bible all the more awesome.
  • Jesus seems so much more of a person to me now. Ok, I know its cliché. But really though. Reading his entire ministry story back to back in one sitting made it click for me I guess. I had never noticed his raw emotions that he displayed so proudly while on earth- anger, sadness, even some fear. So now, he's more relatable and relational in my mind. I mean, I've always known that he was totally 100% human on earth, but now I realllllly "get it". Which is such a plus.
  • Jesus was totally the kind of guy that woulda peed on the side of the road...or fallen down flat on his face. I'm just saying.
  • The Bible is such a passionate book!!! All of the people involved are so very ardent about the love of Jesus, and will stop at nothing to get their point across. I wish there were more people in the community like that today....Its totally inspired me!
  • There is a NUDIST in the Bible!!! *gasp. But I won't tell you where. You'll just have to read for yourself and find him.
  • Contradictions do have explanations. And good ones too!
As you can see, I'm loving this initiative....And I really think you should do New Through 30 with me. You're not to far behind, and there are grace days built into the schedule. Find that here: http://www.newthru30.com/readingplan
So come on! Read with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment