Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let It Snow

Ah snow. Well, if we're being totally factual, its more like ice. Ah ice. Nothing like waking up to a white yard on a Saturday morning. Sure, it wasn't on a school day, but it's still fun. I've spent the weekend locked inside thanks to the wind chill getting some homework done. Talk about low key weekend. But its not like I could have gone anywhere- the neighborhood is literally blocked off with caution tape indicating "no driving". To many accidents on the hills in our neighborhood over the years have finally tipped off everyone. I've only gone outside twice, and both times it was pretty fun I must say. The first time was Friday afternoon, right when it really started to snow. My little brother and I played football for about an hour in it. We passed the ball back and forth, kicked a few field goals... It was a really good time, and one we'll remember. The second time was to go late night sledding with Polly. And may I just politely point out, that you have not LIVED until you have experienced some late night sledding. Polly and I have one of those old wood sleds that is perfect for going down the icy roads. And of course, as we're out sledding it starts snowing again. It was like a movie. Ah snow and ice. Maybe if we're lucky it'll refreeze and we'll get a day off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment