Monday, February 1, 2010

Stop The Stresses

I am dying inside. A slow, painful death. And its all my parents fault. I know I should be looking up colleges right now (thats what I'm supposed to be doing. On a snow day. Excellent.) but I can't. ITS STRESSING ME OUT! Literally, since Christmas break, thats all the parents have talked about- SAT, ACT, GPA, majors, tuition, qualifications, dream schools, state choices....the list never ends. And ok, I understand that they are just trying to help/be prepared/care. But its bothering me. All this needless chatter about schools is beginning to really irk me. My parents talk like it's gonna be a marathon to get me into school...and I don't understand that. Its making me doubt my abilities academically, and talent wise. Am I good enough to grace the presence of a University somewhere? Or am I gonna end up a hobo on the side of a highway thumbing for a ride? I know it sounds silly, but its where I'm at right now. I know its smart to start early, looking into the future I mean, but whew! I think I would almost prefer parents that didn't care as much. But then again, I'll probably thank them later. All I'm saying right now is it's gonna be a loooonnng year with all this. And thats on top of the summer programs I'm starting to look at, school to manage, Act 1 competitions, and shows that I'm working on. Gotta love parents and their impeccable timing on issues such as College searching. Pray for me. I'm gonna need it....
And in other news, HAPPY FEBRUARY! Wonder how this month is gonna be? hmm. Keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment