Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thats Not My Name!

Today was an eventful day- I took the ACT for the first time today! Hooray! Getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday! Hooray! Not eating anything until 1 in the afternoon! Hooray! No breaks in between test sections! Hooray! But really, it wasn't THAT bad....except.... A little word of advice- If you ever have kids, or know people that have kids, or have a pet that you must name at any point in your life, NEVER let them go by their middle name. It is way much more trouble than its worth. Take me for instance- Every first day of school, time you sign up for something, or take a standardized test ( like today) I become "Kimberly Hilton". Its pretty inconvenient/embarrassing to have to raise your hand and correct a teacher on the first day. Talk about a killer first impression. On the ACT, I had to sign my name about 7 times, and every time the Ting Tings song- "That's Not My Name" started going on replay in the brain. And its not that I dislike Kimberly (I actually like it MORE than Claire), its just a bit confusing. Remember in grade school when kids used to go around and ask about middle names. Yeah. Well, whenever I asked, There was always some smartie pants kid that would say "Wait, so your name is Claire Claire Hilton" , totally missing the "go by the middle name concept altogether. So, for my sake, and your future children's sanity, think twice before letting them go by their middle name. Ok I'm done with the little rant now...

No comments:

Post a Comment