Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Allegro Awesomeness

I'm not a better, but I bet you $100 that I just had a better day than you did. Try saying that 5 times fast...Ok now that you've gotten that out of your system, let me tell you about what I did today. This afternoon, I had the extreme privilege of volunteering at "Allegro" (that means quickly or lively). Allegro is an organization that works with special needs people in the community and provides them with recreational dance and movement classes. The classes are only 30 minutes, but then you get to chat a bit afterwards, so it results in about an hour time commitment. Today, I had the pleasure to work with a little ballerina who what sooo super excited to dance. It was her first time doing anything like a dance class, so she was a bit overwhelmed. But we had a really great time playing with beanbags and doing the "zoo dance". I don't share this to brag about my community service, or to make you feel sorry for the disabled community in Charlotte- I say it to inspire you. I'm gonna start going every week, and I can bring friends with me to help volunteer. I promise you, it is so worth your time. The kids we worked with today were some of the most beautiful, and joyful people you will ever see- and they can dance! So if you wanna go with me sometime, let me know. It'll leave you smiling the rest of the day. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment