Friday, February 26, 2010

What You Missed

This week at school has been unique for several reasons. But atop the list of reasons is the fact that around 100 Juniors were MIA this week due to a Harvard Model Congress field trip. I know what many of you are wondering- "Why on earth didn't you go with them?" And to that I would reply "The cost my dear, ignorant friend." I'm not gonna lie, I was disappointed to not be going... but I shouldn't have been. Because, boy, have those 100 juniors missed out this week!
- Thanks to them, school was a joke from Wed. to Fri. We literally did nothing of value. I experienced apathy for the very first time. I'm talking zero motivation... It was weird.
- Also thanks to them, Choir got canceled on Thursday. I got up at 7:00 and was at school by 8:00. It was a record.
- They missed out on the CIA marathon we enjoyed in Chemistry. It was epic.
- They missed "story time" in several classes. They'll never know a particular proposal story, which teacher has a mean cussing problem, a super freaky demon story, or about the time that Mr. Henson was practically killed by an enraged Grandpa with a shotgun.
- They also missed the privileges we got- smaller classes (SOO FUN!), no real wait in the lunch line, and no super crowded halls.
- They allowed for several tests/assignments to be postponed. Thanks!
- They missed an epic Q&A with Mrs. Szymborski that wasn't even scheduled. She just loves us THAT much.
- They missed some pretty crucial lunch conversations, like the one today- all about worms! Yummy. And they missed me cramming an entire fruit roll up in my mouth at one time.
- They missed the opportunity to go out tonight and have a blast. Oh man, its gonna be fantastically spontaneous partying, of that I am sure...
And that's not even all. As you can see Harvard peeps, all hell broke lose while you were away. Sorry you missed out on the madness. But I'm sure you had a blast passing bills and sitting in meetings all day. That totally beats MLIA jokes, cinnamon rolls, ordering pizza in class, hearing all about the 6 languages that Mrs. Szymborski speaks, and amazing Friday night plans...or does it? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment