Tuesday, February 23, 2010

La La Land

Nope, I haven't died. I've just been so very caught up in a creative whirlwind, I haven't had a chance to blog... Think the Twilight Zone geared towards artistic kids. Thats where I am. And how did I arrive? By way of some killer books, thought provoking movies, and finding amazing undiscovered talents on Itunes these past two weeks. Then theres also the whole "digging deeper into rehersals" with Little Women, and working on a new classical piece in vocal tech. And to answer the question already being pondered, "No. I DON'T have time to be trapped in "Creative Land" at the moment. But here I am- with "Macbeth" and a pink highlighter in one hand, and "The Time Travellers Wife" in the other, while my i-pod plays the best of Radiohead, Lady GaGa, and Corrinne Bailey Rae. In this land, I have witnessed a Broadway musical via television (Rent: Live on Stage), heard heartfelt guitar solos, worked hard at "going organic" in scene work, analyzed soliloquies, seen an impressive rendition of Miss Saigon at CATA (one of my best friends STOLE that show with his stellar vocal chops. Get it Brandon!), and started writing creatively again. I don't know when I will leave this mystical land, where there aren't enough hours in a day to let your mind roam...but hopefully I'll stay a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment