Friday, August 21, 2009

The List of Awesomeness!-The Europe Experience Cont.

After dwelling on all the horribleness that ensued on my trip in yesterday’s post, today’s post is devoted to the amazingness that also occurred. So, sit back, and enjoy it!
-TOP TEN AMAZING THINGS OF THE TRIP (in no particular order of greatness)-
1. The scenery- Everything is so green, and unique overseas. There was a mix of old, majestic architecture and contemporary buildings that would take your breath away. One of my favorite parts of the trip was being able to climb to the top of a dormant volcano in Scotland. You could see for miles and miles- the sea, many cities, and distant mountains made the view absolutely breathtaking. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. And I will go back…I promised myself.
2. The Food- This particular topic hits both lists, because as I realized, there was no in between in Europe. It was either detestable, or delicious- like fish and chips, paninis, caramel and chocolate shortbread, baguettes, candy, fanta, this amazing pasta with cream sauce, nachos, and chocolate mousse pudding. And now that I mention food…
3. Starbucks- Ok. Starbuck’s coffee in Europe is so much better than it is here. No arguing. The drinks are FAR better (larger, taste better), the employees that I encountered were always super nice (like Asher haha!), the food selection was 100x larger than here in the states (we’re talking cake, marshmallow twizzies, cookies, pie, sandwiches-like a restaurant), and you had the option to stay in the facility and drink your coffee in a big mug, versus ordering it to “take away”. And also, the facilities are gigantic- at least two stories. *sigh. I miss that a lot now that I’m back…
4. Topshop- Stand back Forever 21, there’s a new store on the block. At 3 stories, this fashion spot was one of sheer bliss for the girls in our group. Accessories, shoes, dresses, pants, skirts, and tops all in vibrant patterns, textures, and styles packed the place to the bursting point. It was all so modern and European. We stayed there for almost half a day. It was heaven!
5. London- “Oh there’s no place like London!” Seriously though, I love that city!!!! I have a feeling that I’ll end up living there some day, what with West End and all that. But it just had a magical vibe about it. And no, its not just because of Harry Potter.
6. The accents- Thanks to the fringe, I got the chance to talk to people from all over, which meant more accents. Can you say paradise for my ears? Because it totally was.
7. The Royal Mile- The headquarters of the Fringe, this strip of street served as the key advertising joint for all shows. And it was spectacular- people singing, or playing, or dancing on street corners. You saw everything from A-Z. We got the chance to advertise our show here. And people stood and watched, and asked for our pictures, and cheered. It was such a cool performance and “venue” of sorts! Another highlight…
8. Billy Elliot- If you get the chance to see this, please do. Having been a dancer for 8 ½ years, this show hit home with me. It transported me right back to Mrs. Porter’s ballet class and into my ballet slippers. The music was also really impressive, but I would expect nothing less from Elton John. Anyway, it was a great first professional show experience for me.
9. British humor- because everything is funnier when said with an accent!
10. The dorm life- We got the chance to feel like what it would be like for us in college on this trip- living by ourselves in dorm rooms, eating at the cafeteria, using the school stores and café, staying up past midnight to order pizza and study lines, etc. I loved the independence! So now, I can’t wait till college!

*honorable mentions- Mr. Long’s sense of humor, the improve show we saw, actually performing, our late night talking and tea parties, taxi rides, and the hot british guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment