Saturday, August 22, 2009

There and Back Again

Adjusting back to "normal life" has been an adventure in itself this week. Yes, thats right- its been a week since I was over in blustery Scotland singing my heart out and eating chocolate eclairs. My, my, it seems like forever ago. What with school starting up the day I got back, heading back to work, and starting with our one act shows all this week, its been hectic to say the least. I went from vacation to AP homework in twenty four hours flat. And the whole jet lag thing has been just plain irritating. It messed up my eating patterns, and more annoyingly my sleep patterns. I think its been worse coming back than it was going over. I'm still not entirely back to normal yet. With all the homework that school has piled on I'm still not caught up on my sleep. Although, its still good to be home. Sure I miss a ton of stuff about our trip- like getting to see all my awesome cast mates 24/7, or bursting out in song randomly. But thats ok. Like I said, I've had plenty to preoccupy myself with this week. And as far as the first week of school goes, it was pretty ok. I can tell its gonna be a hard year class wise, but not impossible. And it was so nice to see everyone again. Thats always fun to me. And speaking of fun, the first season football game was last night. It was a blast. CCS owned, of course, and it was fabulous getting to hang out with everyone and cheer on the team. Talk about a great way to kick off the first weekend of the year...but on a not so great note- the swine flu has reared its head at our school. Week 1 and we already have a 6th grader out from it. Talk about a nightmare. The only funny thing about it was that as soon as it was diagnosed, all us Scotland kids got called to the nurse to get checked. They thought we were "carriers" or whatever since we had been overseas. Of course, none of us are infected. But the rest of the afternoon we were treated like we were contaminated. Its like "Welcome back, you sickies, you." Personally, I thought it was hilarious...So, thats my week at a glance. Next week the public school kids go to school. Back to the traffic filled, scrambling mornings of a school year. Hello Junior year, nice to meet you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment