Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"I've Got the Power!"

Question: What do you get when you cross a power line or two, thus resulting in a school wide power outage at Charlotte Christian? Answer:  No School! Thats right. Due to a severe power surge, Charlotte Christian had to shut its doors to students on Monday. I mean you just CAN'T survive in this day and age without internet/smart boards/ air conditioning, now can you? So the administration had to call off our classes. And you would have thought that Christmas had come early the way everyone was cheering when they made the announcement. Only Mr. Fair was disappointed, reminding all of us that we would be making up this day sooner or later!" But no one cared. Everybody was to busy signing out and gearing up for an impromptu day off. And so I, along with all the pubic school kids, enjoyed the "final day of summer". Polly and I signed out, and then headed to our now-not-so-spontaneous spot, The Pancake House, to enjoy an amazing breakfast. Then we went to the mall to shop for homecoming dresses. We ran into half of the high school while there, too. My afternoon was spent with a group of friends at the movies seeing "500 Days of Summer." I thought it was a brilliant film. Bittersweet fun, i would say. Most of the group disagreed with me ( they thought it was to sad), but whatever. I recommend any movie buff go see it for the high acting caliber and cinematographic creativity.  But like I said, most of my friends didn't like it. So to cheer them up, we got ice cream. The rest of the day was a whirlwind of more shopping ( I got a dress by the way...), work at the pool, and a Friends marathon in the evening to cap off the day. Talk about a randomly fantastic day. But thats not even the best part. At school today, we found out that the power did end up coming back on....15 minutes after we had been dismissed. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment