Friday, December 11, 2009

A Giving Heart

Its been a few days since I've posted, but what can I say? Its been crazy here in the Hilton house with everything going on. So, do not fear blog readers! I am still alive...in fact I am alive and kickin' after today's 32 meeting. For those of you that don't know, a few junior girls including myself started a club at the beginning of the year that challenges CCS students to live for Christ everyday. It includes accountability, outreach (both in and out of school), and lots of other good stuff based on Job 32. If your really curious, read it! But anyway, as far as today goes- at last weeks meeting, I called the group with the lesson of patience and also asked members to donate money to a local-ish charity called Heartworks. And to be honest, I didn't have a clue what would happen. Because, if we're being honest, its the holidays. Money is flowing into presents, trips, and of course the necessary Starbucks run. So I was very proud/excited/uplifted when our group donated a good amount of money today at our follow up meeting. I mean, these kids in 32 really get it- they totally acknowledge the reason for the season and gave with open hearts. I am so humbled by the giving spirits of people who haven't even volunteered at Heartworks personally. I just know the money is going to go to a good cause, and CAN'T WAIT to give it to them. But really, it was such an uplifting thing, especially on a day that wasn't necessarily the best. So I hope that you have been inspired by the self-less-ness of my awesome peers like I have been today. And Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment