Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year???

If you would have asked me a month ago what I would be doing for New Year's, this would be the LAST thing I would have replied. I'm trapped in Black Mountain. Literally. I CAN'T LEAVE...basically my mom dragged Polly, Jack, and me up here yesterday morning. It wouldn't have been bad, EXCEPT there is snow everywhere. And I'm not talking pretty white and fluffy snow. I'm talking week-old, brown, and icy sludge. It is gross. You can't walk without slipping, and the roads are still pretty messy, making going places and doing things next to impossible. And of course, I don't have the shoes for it...Also, for some reason, there seems to be a shortage of food in the house. Ever since I've gotten here my stomach has been complaining about being empty. So, no food, ice encrusted land, and nothing to do except sit inside and stare into space....Yup. Don't you wish you were up her enjoying THIS New Years Eve bash??? Yeah, I thought not. But as I sit here on the couch, counting down the hours until I rush back home to civilization, I can't help but feel blessed by the presence of my grandparents and cousins here with us. At least they're miserable right here beside me! We've been talking about our resolutions for this year, and I realized I don't have one yet....is that bad? I just don't even know where to start. This next year holds so much promise, and so much change. I really don't know what to expect- college stuff starting, senior year starting, looking more into the future than ever before. So, I suppose, this year I go forward without a concrete resolution (not that I won't strive to live up to my God given potential, you know what I mean), but instead look forward with hope and anticipation- My first hope? Getting out of the mountains without going crazy! (insert aggravated scream here) And to all my friends who are headed to some killer parties tonight, think of me when that clock strikes 12. I wish you all a very Happy New Year!
p.s.- don't you love the virtual piano I added to this blog? Its your late Christmas present. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment