Monday, September 14, 2009

The Gift of Wisdom

Isn't God amazing? I know that may seem like the most arbitrary comment to make, But I just thought I'd say it anyway. I just love it how God plants people into your lives that can give you wisdom when you need it. It seems like I've been surrounded by that- from my small group leader, my awesome church and pastor, my friends, and then also my parents. And speaking of parents-  you know how your parents are always telling you, as they lecture you for hours, "You'll thank me for this one day!". Why not thank them now? Sure, sometimes what they say hurts or is annoying, but it does help. Take today for instance- my mom slipped this verse to me.  And of course, it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. So major kudos to you mom. Even though I don't always act like it or say it, your the best. Really. Anyway, it was so uplifting, I thought I'd share it- "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, an I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do EVERYTHING through Him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:11-13). Isn't that encouraging? I, being the impatient human that I am, thought so. And heres the thing. This wisdom is great, but no, it doesn't allow for all my frustrations and problems to be solved right off the bat. But that wisdom did remind me that there is a lesson to be learned about patience and contentment here. And any chance to grow is a good one. May not be the funnest thing in the world, but, like I said, its all good. So anyway...In other news, this week is insane!!!! Homecoming, dance, powderpuff, sprit dress days...and STUDENT TAKEOVER. All are under way right now! Talk about some jam packed fun-ness. Today was already a hit with Maddison's, Polly's , and my brilliant tacky day getups. Pictures should be up on facebook soon. Get excited. I know I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment