Sunday, September 20, 2009

Taking Over

This weekend was literally insane- Literally had a million things going on. But it was all great fun. Starting with homecoming: This past week was epic, with the juniors whooping the seniors in powderpuff (THATS RIGHT!), putting together a "killer" room designed around the board game Clue that was actually playable, dressing up on video game day as one of the two Ice Climbers with Maddison, and losing our homecoming football game (but only by 1 touchdown. At least it wasn't a massacre). And it wouldn't be homecoming without the annual dance. This yeah, it was held at the Design Center downtown, which was absolutely beautiful! The dance itself was....well just a dance. It was a blast to dress up and go groove to crappy music, but nothing super exciting. The one thing that was funny though was that there were at LEAST 12 sets of dress repeats. I don't think I've heard the phrase "I can't believe she's wearing the same dress as me!!!" More times in my life. It was pretty hilarious. But don't worry. Polly and I both did not have this tragedy occur....Anyway, like I said, homecoming was epic....But that doesn't even BEGIN to describe the pure amazingness that was "Student Takeover" this morning. All the waiting, and getting excited finally came to fruition this morning, as Elevation celebrated its students with a fierce set of worship tunes and  a brilliant message. It was challenging and encouraging....*sigh. It was just great. The sermon covered four core questions that every Christian should ask themselves. 1. Whats In your hand? 2. Am I trying to win the approval of men or God? 3. How can a young mand keep his way pure? and 4. Who do you say I am?....curious. You should be. Watch the entire sermon at www.elevationchurch.org and be challenged. You WILL NOT regret it. Anyway, talk about an awesome capper to homecoming week. I just got back from small group and am now gearing up for windy gap this week!!! My, how I am blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. i'm so surprised by this post. because there is absolutely no mention of the most amazing day of the week: tacky day.

    ReplyDelete