Monday, November 16, 2009

And Then There's Joy

"My joy is not determined by what happens to me, but by what Christ is doing in me and through me." Isn't that great? I can't even count how many times that I have said that this past week and a half. I'll be honest- not having the best moments of my life, these past two weeks. I won't bore you with the morbid facts of "Claire's Tragic Escapades" in life (oh, don't you love my dramatics?), but lets just say these days have not gone down as "good" in my book. Stress, tears, anger, the whole nine yards are in there somewhere or another... And yet, as I look back on them, I see that 1) they could be a WHOLE LOT worse, and 2) There were some definite "positives" peppered in here and there. Thanks to Elevation's "Joy Genome" series, I was reminded that keeping a positive attitude can be quite the cure all to a situation that isn't ideal. Not gonna lie, its a total God thing that this happened to be the series we've been covering right now...oh the divine timing. But anyway, I can't tell you how excited I am about all thats going on- with school, family, extra curricular stuff- All of it! Because the way I see it, God must really be doing some big things in my life! And that alone is an ample reason for joy, don't you think? And in case you missed it, I'd suggest going online and checking out the sermon videos of this series. Its one you won't want to miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment