Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday Brother

Today was Jack's 8th birthday- GASP! He's getting so big! Needless to say, the house was abuzz all day with festivities celebrating my little brother-from birthday foods, to a pirate party, staying up late. It was a blast watching Jack's little friends have an all-out battle with nurf swords, not gonna lie. But anyway, there are definitely some changes in Jack's attitude with the whole "growing a year older" thing going on. He's starting to get, well... mischievous when it comes to Polly and myself. Now that he's getting older, he's filling the shoes of the sneaky little brother a little better. And as long as he doesn't turn into the "annoying little brother" that so many of my friends complain about having, I don't mind this shift one bit. But, personally I don't think the whole annoying stage is gonna happen for two reasons- 1) there's practically a 10 year age gap. Thats enough of a difference for him to think of us as the "cool sisters". And hey, we ARE cool! :) and 2) He's just far to cute to be annoying! His current cute scenario: Mom's driving Jack home from church, and they are chatting all about Thanksgiving. Jack's talking all about his favorite foods, and mentions "yams" to be his very favorite. Then he tells my mom "There are two kinds of yams Mom, did you know that?" And when my mom asked him to elaborate, he replied in all ernest-ness "There are the ones we eat, at Thanksgiving and stuff. And then there are the ones we sing about in church." My mom must have looked blank, because then Jack broke into song- "Here I yam to worship, Here I yam to bow down..." We got quite the chuckle. And I still don't think he knows that we're not singing about yams in church...aww gotta love that kid. And since he reads this every once in a while, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER JACK!

1 comment:

  1. tell Jack happy birthday for me and I'll see you guys on thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete