Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finding the Fierce

"Fierce- An indefinable state of being that depicts the high point of being fabulous." Any Project Runway fans out there? I thought in light of the Project Runway season finale being tonight, it would be fitting to let my readers in on a little experiment I've been conducting. Its all about the "Fierce". Ok- A week or so ago, I bought this book by Project Runway champion Christian Sirano (Remember him? Cowboy boots, black glasses, spiked and straightened hair, and killer design sense?) called "Fierce Style". I can't really tell you why...I guess it was just because it looked entertaining and since he is, like, my favorite winner of all time...and there was the fact that it was on sale...But anyway, I bought the book and started to read. And lo and behold- I learned some stuff! Believe it or not, this fashion self-help book had some awesome points. So I decided to try some of the things Christian was talking about- like always accessorizing, and ways to change up what you have in your closet. I just wanted to see if the 5 minutes of extra effort required to follow "Fierce Style" while getting dressed in the morning was really worth it...turns out, it was! Not only did I get compliments on all my outfits, but I also found that I can do a lot more with the clothes I have in my closet. Not to mention, that in one situation, people took me more seriously- I mean, the usual sweatshirt and jeans don't scream "serious" to me. All in all, it gave me some new perspectives on dressing. So anyway, the experiment was a fun and smashing success. I think I'll continue reading me some "Fierce Style"...wow. I am such a nerd. But a fashionable nerd, none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment