Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Crazy Family

I cannot think of a more peaceful place to be than the mountains. Polly, my mom and I got a chance to sneak up here for the last few days of break, and as always, its like heaven! A very chilly, windy heaven! But anyway, since I neglected to update earlier- Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I hope all of you ate so much delicious turkey that you went up a pant size. I'm sure I'll see you all in the gym soon...But anyway, I love Thanksgiving, and this year was up there with the awesome ones. The food was great, the company was awesome (I love me some Cousin movie outings!) and the Macy's Parade was pretty good as well. But, being the party animals that we are, we're STILL celebrating up here in the mountains. We've been visiting with some of my mom's extended family, and having a wonderful time. And I just gotta say- I have got some of the coolest family members ever. One particular cousin ( who is up here with his wife and kids) that I haven't seen in forever was just telling me of some of his crazy exploits including starting MTV europe, meeting Madonna, living in an apartment across from Janet Jackson, being held hostage at gunpoint in another country, and his former escapades as a model. He also mentioned his decorating stint in Barbara Strisand's house, and his many trips to Italy...I know by now your eyes are bulging out of your head and you think I've made all of this up. But no. I'm not kidding. He has proof...I mean I knew he was a world traveler, but really? Madonna? But thats not the only crazy one- I also learned of another cousin at Thanksgiving that is a professional ballerina. I mean, wow! On one hand, I'm amazed, but on the other hand, astonished that I knew so little about my extended family. Long story short, if your around any of your family this week, don't pass up the chance to have a conversation. You never know what you'll find out. But anyway, its been great up here in the mountains- been writing, reading (more on THAT tomorrow), and relaxing. All and all, it seems to be exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment