Monday, October 5, 2009

Along the Way

I don't really know where to begin...it was a weird weekend. Lots happened, lots didn't happen, lots of surprises... just lots of life. It was a bit of overload if you ask me. But I suppose its just stuff you have to deal with along the way-Like I mentioned earlier, this past Saturday, we finished our little run of shows. Along the way, I had a severe allergic reaction to something (still don't know what) and had all the "drama mammas" all over me freaking out. Thankfully it wasn't too severe, and I was able to finish the final show. Thank goodness. But more important than my mini medical emergency, along the way I realized several things through the course of the weekend. First, its stupid to care or be concerned about what someone is thinking of you when it comes to performing. What you have to remember is that the important audience is God, and as long as he's in the audience you have a fan! So the main thing is to have fun with it, not get all self conscious over who might be sitting right in front of you as you sing about "bravery, brawn, brains, and attitude". Second, I realized that along the way, unexpected surprises may pop in at any given second. Its up to you to make the best of them... Third, along the way there will be rainy days. But a wise friend once wrote in my yearbook "you can't appreciate the sunshine without the rain". She was so very right. Cheesy, but right. Fourth, along the way, some things never change. As much as you want them to, they just don't. But no sense getting disappointed over it when deep down you knew they wouldn't anyway. And finally, I realized that along the way, you have to let it go. Because the fact of the matter is, that as much as you wish things would be different, reality has other ideas. And as much as it hurts, moving along your own way is better than waiting in the "land of what might have been." Living is far more important and worthwhile than stewing over what happened months ago. Moreover, along the way, new adventures arise- like college! The big college fair was yesterday, and it was overwhelming/frightening/exciting/crazy all at the same time! It has all us CCS juniors looking to the future, which is an interesting prospect to say the least....deep? It kinda is. But then again, that was the weekend I had. It was a lot to take in, thats for sure. But I guess, thats just what the Lord is teaching me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment