Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pet Drama: Take Two!

Forever ago, I posted about my little brother and the devastating loss of his pet crab, remember? If not, go back and read it. Actually its one of my most popular posts, so you won't be wasting your time...but ANYWAY- the pet adventures continue in the Hilton house. To replace the dear departed crab, my mom promptly replaced the crab with another little critter of Jack's choosing. It just so happened, that Jack chose a newt. A little, gross, slimy, black and red newt. It's been the epitome of disgusting what with the cleaning of the aquarium and the feeding of bloodworms (yes bloodworms. Be thankful your little brother isn't obsessed with strange little animals like mine is.) But as disgusting as this newt has been, my brother has loved it. And in his defense, he has taken care of it all by himself. So anywhoo- I'm up in my room yesterday when I hear this gutbusting cry from the kitchen. I rush in and find Jack sobbing, and the aquarium....empty. From what we can gather, Jack accidentally left the top of the terrarium open, and his little newt friend seized the opportunity to escape. The newt can climb, but has never reallllly climbed before. But I guess there's a first time for everything. Our entire family promptly started a thorough search of the kitchen, but no luck. I'm not gonna lie- it was pretty funny, all of us looking for a little critter and Jack ordering us around all the while. My guess? It fell down the drain of the kitchen sink. But whatever. Long story short, Jack's newt is MIA (and probably will remain MIA forever). He was so upset. Think the crab upset x10000. Because this time it was totally his fault. But oh well- lesson learned I guess. Currently he is researching different types of lizards to buy. Lizards? Really? My house is a zoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment